Source version mismatch with download version

May 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I downloaded v3.3 using the Download button on the home page tonight. After reviewing it, I decided to clone the source (Git) to my local workstation to include it into my project(s) that way rather than copy/paste. It appears that the two are not in sync. Using the download button, I get source that includes the features discussed in v3.3 like the Service.Pattern namespace although using Git and cloning the Source Code, I seem to only see a v3.1 folder in /releases/...

Am I doing something wrong?
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Cloning from Git (directly from the sourcecode) will download the edge release, latest, but not yet released.
Marked as answer by lelong37 on 6/3/2014 at 12:04 PM
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Thank you for the response. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you but cloning from the source should as you say get me the edge release. Taking my example above, that should imply that I would get a version greater than 3.3 since 3.3 is the released and stable version (using the Download button on the home page). The code I looked at from the clone (edge release) didn't have the same updates that 3.3 had (from download button source). Unless all of those features have been removed in the edge release? Sorry for the continued dialog if I am misunderstanding you.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM
When you clone from Git, you should be looking in this path for the edge check-in https://genericunitofworkandrepositories.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#main/Source/.
Marked as answer by lawalker on 6/3/2014 at 4:34 PM